Why does my internal storage fill up so fast - 8gb apparently?

A

AC Question

Why does my internal storage fill up so fast - 8gb "apparently"

I have a Haipai S3 knockoff with a custom rooted rom. I wiped the whole phone 3 weeks ago and reinstalled all my apps - moving 70-80% of them to my 16 sdcard.

I am reporting 90mb free and cant download anything off the market?? ive used app cache cleaner etc, im now a bit worried that perhaps the "8gb" is perhaps a fake 2gb chip or something?

Is there any way to CONFIRM the storage capacity? If i indeed DO have 8gb internal - could someone explain what the android OS install is?

Rom i downloaded was 484mb zipped, I wiped everything and did a factory reset, dalvik etc from the custom boot recovery as per the rom install instructions.
How can a phone OS possibly use that much space?

FYI I stall as much as i can on sd card 7gb free .. im aware of all the basics, however im stumped that after 4 weeks of use its already full, no games, no pics or vids..

???

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: Why does my internal storage fill up so fast - 8gb "apparently"

Well on a 16gb device there is about 13gb or less left from the factory. Even moving apps to SD only moves the apps data and still leaves a portion on the internal memory.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Why does my internal storage fill up so fast - 8gb "apparently"

Welcome to Android Central! Does this S3 knockoff also have TouchWiz? If they were trying to be as faithful to the real thing, then it may be that TouchWiz and all of the Samsung bloatware that they included take up 6-7 GB (recall that on the 16 GB S4, only about 8 GB was available to the user).

What does the Settings>Storage menu tell you about the total storage and the free space? Try also installing a 3rd party system info app like this one: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...id=com.electricsheep.asi&hl=en&token=zEmG4A4I