How do I add contacts to my home screen on a Huawei Inspira Android?

A

AC Question

how do i add contacts to home screen on a huaweiinspira android

the press and hold method doesn't work..it only pops up wallpapers

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: how do i add contacts to home screen on a huaweiinspira android

Usually holding an empty space in your homescreen should pop up more options than just the ability to change your wallpaper, but then again, I don't really have any experience with your particular phone, just Android in general. But if you know how to add widgets, that's how you add a contact shortcut to the homescreen. Some phones handle that in the Widgets section or some others have those set as Shortcuts in a separate list, but the way to add them is the same.

You could also try going into your Contacts app and tapping and holding on the contact you want to add; there should be a pop up that let's you add the contact to your homescreen.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: how do i add contacts to home screen on a huaweiinspira android

Welcome to Android Central! You'll need to add them as widgets. Different devices may have different techniques of adding widgets--and it may also depend on the version of Android. If long-pressing an empty part of a homescreen only gives you an option for wallpaper, then instead, open the App Drawer. Do you see a tab at the top for Widgets? If so, tap that, then look for the Contact or the Direct Dial widget. Long press it, and drag it to your homescreen. When you release it, your People/Contacts app will come up, and you will be prompted to select a contact for that widget.

If you use the Contact widget, you only need to select the contact--and whenever you tap that widget, you'll always be prompted to pick a way to contact that person (i.e., choose a phone number, email, text message, etc.). So this requires multiple taps.

If you use the Direct Dial widget, you will need to select the contact and the phone number to be associated with the widget. Whenever you tap the widget afterwards, it will immediately dial that number--so this is a one-touch widget.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non