Does the S5 come with a screen protector/coating?

A

AC Question

I recently bought a Galaxy S5, I've noticed that in one corner and a little around the edges of the screen looks almost like it's starting to peel (kind of like if you had a screen protector on for a long time) I was wondering does the phone come out of the box with some sort of covering on the screen or is there a bigger issue with the front of my phone?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Phones bought new normally have a plastic protector on the screen, and also on the camera lens and sometimes one or two other places. The one on the camera lens at any rate is not meant to be left on, as far as I know.

Posted via Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Then again, your phone could have been "new" - returned during the 14 day return period, and the person who had it put on a screen protector incorrectly. Since it's still under warranty, bring it back. If it was even "just tried out, insist on a brand new one out of a sealed box. (In most states, a previously used item - even if it was used for 2 minutes, can't be sold as new - that would constitute larceny by fraud, or violation of some similar law.)