Where are my Google Play Store and Google Mail apps?

A

AC Question

Hello!
I have a Fairphone with Android version 4.2.2 and have recently updated to Cherry 1.6. After that, the Google Play Store and Google Mail applications disappeared. I don't know exactly how I managed to do that.
I can't download them from the Internet, for both Google Play Store an Google Mail it says "Installed", but they are not visible in the All Apps list. I have tried everything and my phone has had several reboots but they won't show up.
I hope you can help me!!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Did the phone come with Google Play Store preinstalled when you got the phone, or did you have to install it yourself? Not all devices are certified for Google Play.

Did the Google Play Store and Gmail icons only disappear from the homescreen? Did you check the App Drawer?

jjjjj12345

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Thank you very much for answering!
Google Play Store and Gmail had been preinstalled.
As I mentioned, I have checked the All Apps list several times and they have disappeared, and they can't be found on the home screen among the other apps either. Or is the App Drawer something different?

jjjjj12345

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
I think I have just solved the problem! There was a widget called Google App s Installer, I installed that which then automatically installed Google Play again and signed me into Google Mail. Weird, as it said "installed" when I wanted to download it from the Internet. Thank you very much anyway and I hope this question will be of someone else's help.