How can I connect my Droid Maxx to my Thinkpad X200T?

A

AC Question

USB Device not Recognized - Droid Maxx and Windows

Hi, I am at my wit' s end with this. I ended up reinstalling Windows just trying to get my laptop to connect with my phone. First it was Windows 7, now I have a fresh install of Windows 8. Same exact problem. I have been on the phone with customer support for over three hours. Useless. Can anyone explain what is going on and how to fix it?
The phone is a Droid Maxx XT1080M on Verizon. The laptop is a Thinkpad X200T. I have tried multiple different USB cables and every USB port, installing, uninstalling, reinstalling as admin of Motorola Device Manager, using the Microsoft FixIt utility, mader sure USB Debugging is on then off then on, I have tried deleting the unrecognized device in Device Manager, flashing the phone, 3rd party pc-phone management software.. and now a clean install of Windows. Friggin everything. I am about ready to get out a sledgehammer. Please help.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: USB Device not Recognized - Droid Maxx and Windows

Have you tried the phone in another computer? If it works that way, the problem is the ThinkPad. If it doesn't work in a computer that another phone of the same model works in, it's the phone.

That's how you troubleshoot an issue like this.