Mobile's Camera Freezes when opening it?

hitmanabhi

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
I own a Micromax unite 2 A106.It has android Kitkat Version 4.4.2

When I bought it like 2 months ago the camera was working fine,until 2 weeks ago it started freezing and a message pops up "gallery not responding,Do you want to close it" and "wait" and "Ok" option.

Now whenever I open camera it shows a background scenery and an animation of a hand(Probably tutorial something) and then freezes.Strange thing is I never saw that before.Is it any other application doing it?

It is happening every time I open my camera.I searched for solutions could not find a suitable one.

I even deleted all gallery items (photos,movies,etc) everything from phone and SD card.

PS: Why I was getting Invalid thread specified contact to admin.I had to post this thread empty and edit it later.I did not had any links in it.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to AC.☺

It could be that your SD card is bad, and is causing problems. Try temporarily unmounting and removing it.
Also try Settings, Apps, All, scroll to the Camera and Gallery apps, and select Clear Cache and Clear Data in both apps.

I don't know why you got the 'invalid thread' message, but if it happens again, let the moderators know.

Posted via Android Central App

hitmanabhi

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
Hello sry to reply so late and first of all thanx for being a helping hand much appreciated.

Ok sir,so what u said I did it all.

1.I did umounting of SD card and still the same problem.

2.Gone to "ALL APPS" in settings.I could not find a camera app settings although there was of gallery.I did clear gallery's cache and clear data.
Also I tried to look for app info of camera and it linked me to gallery app settings which means both gallery and camera are on same settings of "gallery" in all apps.

Till now,both of the solution does not solve the problem. :(

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I'm sorry that those procedures didn't work.
Is it possible that you have installed a third-party app which may be interfering with the normal functioning of Camera/Gallery? If you have, you could try entering Safe Mode, in which case, the problem would disappear. You would then be able to re-introduce those third-party apps one at a time until you find the one causing the trouble, and then permanently uninstall it. I'm sorry, I don't know how to enter Safe Mode in your device and am unable to provide a link to any online guide.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress