Should I use HTC Advantage? Help!

yupol

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys, the other day I broke the pixels on the top right corner of my screen. I then looked up the HTC Advantage program to see if I could get any help. I have 2 questions...

1. Does the HTC Advantage program fix broken pixels, such as the black blotch on my screen?

2. Does HTC reset your phone in the fixing process?

Please Anything will help.

-Sincerely, Yupol

Posted via the Android Central App

PS: This is a HTC One M8

Last edited:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
1. Does the HTC Advantage program fix broken pixels, such as the black blotch on my screen?
That can't be done. They can replace the screen.

2. Does HTC reset your phone in the fixing process?
I can't be sure, but most honest shops do a factory reset before working on the phone, so there's no possibility of an employee stealing any of your data. (In any of the stores I owned, not resetting the phone first meant instant dismissal and no reference, not even "he worked here from X to Y". If the customer wanted the phone worked on without a reset he had to talk to me, and remain there during the entire repair process, then sign a paper stating that he had watched the repair and that no data had been copied from his phone. (I didn't need lawsuits. HTC probably doesn't either.)

Since you get one free screen replacement during the first 6 months, you have to decide whether it's worth backing up the entire phone before sending it for repair or paying for a repair locally without a reset (if you can find a shop to do it). Or you can always talk to them and ask. If you're in the US, HTC Customer Advantage | HTC United States has chat, phone and email links on the 4th dashed line.

yupol

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the help, but when you mean the pixels can't be fixed is that not including a new screen replacement, because I would do the screen replacement if that fixes the dead pixels. Also, do you think they would let me trade the phone in for a new one instead? I can see how it is reasonable for them to wipe the memory off. I could just back it up, I've only had for two months.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The pixels are on the screen, so a new screen means new pixels. They may very likely just give you a new phone, instead of making you wait for them to fix the old one.

yupol

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
Thanks, this is my first smart phone so I guess I feel attached to it, so I'm not sure if I should get a new one or not. Do you know if it would be refurbished or brand new?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If it's within the return period (usually around 15 days) it would probably be new. But if it's an older phone, you're not giving them a new phone, so they won't give you a new one in return. (I have no experience with HTC specifically - never carried their phones - but the bugs inherent in any model/ROM combination may show in a new phone, but are usually fixed in refurbs. I'm currently on a refurb Note 3, and if it can take what I do to it, I have no problem with refurbs. [And I was in the business for years.])

yupol

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
Thanks, I think I'm gonna go with the screen fix. I'm only a teen, I can wait two weeks for my new screen to come back. I appreciate all the help, you really helped me In my decision!

yupol

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
Hey man, I wanted to say thanks for all the help and support here about my HTC one m8. I finally traded it in, and got a new! Thanks a ton! 😁