Question Samsung trade in...Never again

lovebranderz

Dec 20, 2023
Visit site
First off, I wanted to say I have done the trade in program every year with Samsung around the same time(black friday) every year and had no issues. Until this year.

I bought 2 Samsung Galaxy s23 Ultras and have 2 trades on a s22 ultra(burgundy) and a s21 ultra(black one)

Both were in pristine condition with no issues what so ever. I even sent them back with bubble wrap to be safe.

Got an email saying that the s22 ultra s pen wasn't working/broken and the s21 ultra screen was severely cracked along with the s pen not working/broken.

I was furious and took it to Google and found this site and many posts about how they got scammed as well.

I usually take photos of my devices and videos of the condition and of me putting it in the shipping box and closing it up, but there was of course a "mis communication" with my sister because she was supposed to do it because I was doing a double workshift that day, but she "forgot."

They told me that they will charge my account in 3 days if I do not show them "proof" and if I do not have it they will remotely disable my 2 s23 ultras.

I saw on other threads that were many months old of people providing other people with their photos and or videos to save their asses and I am hoping someone can possibly help.

I do not have the money in my account that they are going to charge until I get paid in 2 weeks. I literally have nothing. I had to get my kids toys from the toys for tots this year as me moving out due to the domestic abuse took everything from me last month.

So can anyone help? If not still let this be a warning and learn from my mistake. I WILL NOT USE SAMSUNG TRADE IN AGAIN.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Welcome to AC... I'm sorry you had to join under such lousy circumstances 😧 If anybody's able I'm sure they'll help you, we have a great bunch of people here 😉

Have you asked Samsung to show you video proof of your damaged phones? They supposedly video record every unboxing, and many times when they were asked to show proof of their claims they couldn't, and ended up giving the full trade in amount. Don't just accept what they say, keep calling back and escalating it... make THEM show YOU proof that your phones were damaged. The balls in their court, not yours 👍

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Yeah my advice was going to be video of the phone functioning and photos or included in the video the phones condition while displaying the IMEI to prove it is the actual device. I also ship in the original phone box and the outer box and packing the new device shipped in. Like you I've done the trade ins year after year and being a long time member here I've seen some of the horror story posts about Samsung trade-ins which is why I try to take every precaution I can think of. I mean think about how some of your packages arrive from these shipping companies. Not sure about you but mine arrive dented, smashed and partially open. This year one of my Christmas gifts arrived and was left on the edge of the porch, not even fully on the porch, in a pile of snow.

Best of luck though. They won't even send you the device back if you dispute their claims and say you'll pay full price or return the phones and say you want out of the deal. They offer what amounts to store credit is what I've heard. Anyway, best wishes.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hackemail