How do I stop from accidentally triggers from the home screen?

Emerogork

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
To prevent all sorts of accidental activity when I hold the phone or touch the screen, I have all icons in a folder. This way it takes two actions to do anything but there are still five icons that falsely trigger all too easily.

Before I slide the unlock icon, there are two at the bottom of the screen and after I do slide to unlock, there are three others at the bottom. I am never really all that much in a hurry to use any of these. How can I move these into the folder?

I am really tired of having to be so dainty with the phone every time I pull it out of my pocket. Maybe I need a flip door to cover the screen. What a novel idea. Maybe I can call it a "Flip Phone". Yes, that's it. I wonder if I could patent that. Remove all the features and make it just a phone...

It used to be a problem with butte dialing. Now when I have the phone in my shirt pocket, I am tit dialing or taking pictures.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You should be able to remove all icons from the Favorites Tray along the bottom if you want. Or you can create folders in the Favorites Tray as well--at least, I can on my Nexus 5, the same way folders are created on the homescreen. Which phone do you have? You mentioned in other posts, but I can't remember. I'm not sure if Samsung makes it more difficult to create a folder in the Favorites Tray.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Or use a launcher with multiple favorites trays and default the phone to a blank tray and a blank homescreen. Or get a case for the phone that has a cover (basically converting it into a flip phone - you flip the cover open). Or keep the phone in a holster. (Since I remove the phone from my holster by grabbing the edges of the phone, I can't accidentally run anything.)

Emerogork

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
I finally found a folding cover for the phone. IT seems to improve the situation.
Now if I could get the phone to give me more than three seconds to answer before sending the call to voice mail.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer