Is there anyway to load my European Xperia Z3 with the operating systems and base apps that are intended for the UK?

qasimmirza

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
European Xperia Z3

Hi there,

I have just purchased a brand new Xperia Z3. The person who sold it to me buys them from Europe. After switching it on I noticed allot of the apps are European and different from what i've seen before on my previous phones.

Is there any way the phone can be loaded with the operating systems and base apps that would come with Z3's intended for UK?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: European Xperia Z3

You can install any apps you like. If they're system apps, you'd have to be rooted, but then you can still install the apps you want. (Someone with a UK version can back up an app to an .apk file and you can put it on your phone and run it to install the app.)

As far as the kernel and Android itself (IOW, the stock ROM), possibly - it depends on whether there are any hardware differences between the EU and UK versions. If not, either ROM will work. IF there are differences, flashing the wrong ROM could brick the phone (requiring you to reflash with the correct version).