Click on a phone number in a website and open up the dialer?

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
Hello, I appreciate any help. On my old LG phone I was able to click on a phone number I found in a website and it would automatically open up my dialer so I could call that phone number. I now have the new Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and it is not allowing me to do that. I can highlight the phone number but then it gives me all of these options of what to do with the phone number and not one of them is opening up the dialer. I'm sure I just need to change a setting somewhere but I haven't figured out what setting to change. Does anybody know how I can just click to call? Thank you.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The problem is that, unlike other apps, if you choose the Phone app as "always" when you're calling a number from the web browser, it doesn't seem to "stick". I even cleared default, cache and data from the app and tried it again, but it still gave me the choice of which dialer to use each time. And I can't find any way to change that in Samsung's version of Android. So unless someone else has found a way, it's going to take you one more click in the Note 4 - press Phone, then press the green key in the dialer.

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
I can't even get the phone app to open. When I click on a phone number, it highlights as if I want to copy the number. And that's exactly what I have y to do - copy the phone number and paste it into my dialer. What setting do I need to change so when I click on the number it opens the dialer?

butterfly210

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Hmmmn... Strange I don't have Tht problem...I highlight the number and at the top of my screen I get a pop up on what to do... See screenshot... Try a battery pull.. I did not do anything for the option to appear... Except highlight the number!

Attachments

• 1415746243352.jpg
    1415746243352.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 4