Did the police bug my phone?

TreeHugginAbby

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
I got out of jail 2 weeks ago.. Here's what I've noticed:
The battery drains twice as fast now. The phone has reset on its own half a dozen times. It was factory reset a week ago, yet the CPU usage is always at 90%. All of the neighers are on the same channel now. The front camera is no longer detected. The routers admin password has been changed. Apps have been force closing/crashing. I might be on home detention; every time I put the phone in airplane mode and then take out the battery, they check the monitering box. Is it legal for them to go into my property and bug the phone?pcs or psc doesn't work.. Am I being paranoid?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to AC.☺

Welcome back also to the outside world. Before we go any further, do you care to say what country you're in? For all we know, what you're describing may be legal in some countries.

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Assumption: You're in the US. If I'm wrong, a lot of this post may or may not be wrong.
The battery drains twice as fast now. The phone has reset on its own half a dozen times. It was factory reset a week ago, yet the CPU usage is always at 90%.
Run the phone in safe mode. If it still does it, there's something else causing it. Better yet, look at Settings/General/Battery to see what's using most of the battery power.

All of the neighers are on the same channel now.
The police can't do that. Not that they're not allowed to, they can't. If anyone came to me and told me to change the channel my router was on, I'd ask for 1) a federal badge, 2) the federal ID to go with that badge and 3) the federal court order making the local police harassment of me not illegal. It's a federal matter, so the local or state police have no jurisdiction, and if they try, the FCC is very jealous about its powers. (They'll have a federal injunction issued against the police in minutes, and serve it as soon as a fax can get it there. Then they'll start making a list of which heads are going to roll. They don't even understand that fines can be less than $10,000 per day of violation. A few weeks of that could bankrupt a small city. It would be a blatant misuse of police powers, and a blatant violation of separation, by an entity that's expected by the courts to understand the law.)

The front camera is no longer detected.
Something wrong with the phone or camera app.

The routers admin password has been changed.
Nothing to do with the phone - that's in the router. Was anyone else in your home while you were inside? Ask them. If not, report a break-in.

Apps have been force closing/crashing.
Again, a problem with the phone.

I might be on home detention
You'd know - they have to tell you. Otherwise, walking to the corner is a misdemeanor you can't be held responsible for.

every time I put the phone in airplane mode and then take out the battery, they check the monitering box.
Who checks which monitoring box? How would they know that you take the battery out of the phone if it's in airplane mode - unless they're watching through the windows? (Or Abby Sciuto works for your local PD in addition to working for NCIS. We're in way-out fantasy-land here.)

Is it legal for them to go into my property and bug the phone?
With a court order, yes. But they don't have to - bugging is done at the carrier's central office. And there are no signs of it that you can detect. So if you detect signs of bugging, they're not.

pcs or psc doesn't work.
No idea what that means. All phones now run on what used to be called the PCS band.

Am I being paranoid?
Probably.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non