Has the latest update broken my phone?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

My Hauwai phone updated 2 days ago to the latest software available (i'm unsure what it's called - it says 9.0.0) and ever since there have been a number of issues, such as:
- Phone keeps crashing
- Apps take a long time to load
- Music/Video continues to play in the background even once apps have been completely closed down
- Some apps don't show when the phone is unlocked. It can take to or three tries of locking and unlocking the phone to get the apps to show again
- The battery is draining so much faster than it used to

I have no idea if the update is the cause of this or not. My phone is only just over a year old, so it shouldn't be dying on my yet.

If anyone has any idea on how to fix this, that would be great. Next step will be sending it away to be fixed I guess!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
- Phone keeps crashing
- Apps take a long time to load
Restart to recovery and clear the cache.

- Music/Video continues to play in the background even once apps have been completely closed down
If you don't stop the music from playing before shutting the app, many apps work like that. (Even my local PBS station app keeps playing if I "close" the app, unless I stop it first.)

- Some apps don't show when the phone is unlocked. It can take to or three tries of locking and unlocking the phone to get the apps to show again
That could also be a cache clearing problem.

- The battery is draining so much faster than it used to
A new version of Android usually takes a while to settle in.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non