Portion of LG G2 Screen Unresponsive. Help?

Nick Wason

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
I have a verizon LG G2 phone.
A teeny, tiny sliver of the LCD screen cracked a couple of hours ago, it's barely noticeable. and now the bottom inch of the touch screen is unresponsive.
The rest of the LCD touch screen works perfectly fine. Is there a way to solve this issue without replacing the entire screen? What is a digitizer? Is that the problem, or the crack, or both?
I downloaded a "screen rotation" app so i'm able to use it, but i have to rotate the phone 5 different times just to do simple tasks.
I appreciate any and all help. Thanks! :)

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to the forums.☺

As I understand it the digitiser is the touch-sensitive component of the whole display. Whether the fault is due to the cracked glass, damage to the digitiser, both, or something else, would I think be best diagnosed and fixed by a qualified repairer. Attempting to fix that sort of thing yourself is in my opinion hardly worth attempting unless you've got the right tools and, preferably, experience. We often hear on the forums of users who have done repairs apparently by the book...but have still got problems. But your choice, of course. :)

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited: