keyboard input

jessssli

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
How do i configure my galaxy s5 so that it will autocorrect words, like putting "that" when i accidentally put "thqt," but without autocorrecting acronyms such as "idk?" I also want it to autoinsert punctuation for contractions like "can't" instead of leaving it as "cant."

Posted via the Android Central App

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Hello. Welcome to Android Central.

If you haven't had the S5 long, it will learn and keep personal words like idk after some use.
You would need to check all the settings on your keyboard.
I use and recommend (as most people do) the SwiftKey keyboard as it has really good learning software and a variety of features and layouts.

A keyboord will not replace text automatically but should give the corrrectly spelled word as an option you have to select.
^(Keyboard correctly spelt. )

You can also delete misspelled words you don't like by long pressing them in the suggestion box.
I am sure there is stuff I am forgetting or don't know, so stick around for more replies.
5abf4c61f463b675bb17adcae7b29374.jpg

From my SM-N9005 Note 3 on Tapatalk

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
And shouldn't there be (in the keyboard/language settings) an option for
"Auto Correction" that u can set from Off-- Very Aggressive, and that will help you manage the actions of the keyboard. Also on my G3 there is a personal dictionary setting where I can add my own words and shortcuts like idk or lol..
Does your device should have these options too??

Posted via the Android Central App

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699