Fingerprint scanner

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
You know how you can scan 3 different fingers?
Some people scan the same finger 2 or 3 times going in a slight different path and that works great for them.

I also have the GS5 and It works great for me with thick fingers, but I know many things are not the same for many people.

3moosey3

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
I have tried scanning my fingers numerous times. I will try from different angles like you suggested and let you know how it works. My fingerprints may be to faint because I have been in work that has affected my prints. But they should have gotten better over time. However I know that the fingerprint scanner has not been acceptable to a lot of experts, But as I said I am going to give it another try, and will let you know the results. Thank You

3moosey3

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Update: I tried numerous scans of three fingers at a lot of different angles. Then I tried scanning just flat and did not have any success. Next I scanned one finger only on all three settings. It has worked a lot better so far. I will post how well it is working in a few days.

;

Last edited:

3moosey3

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
I have had great success with your recommendation for the finger print scanner. You so far as I can tell should be announced through your most public forum. I will help do that after a few more days. However you know more than I do. The finger print scanner is one of..many new advances on the s5. Next I have another question I believe you can help me wth. I have alot of battery usage when my screen is on. But when my screen is off I don't have hardly any. Am I just spoiled or can more be done? I am using battery doctor and another program that turns off my Wi fii and moblie data when the screen is off. How do I stop background programs from using data. I know there ismore to it than this. Please let me if you read this.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
About saving battery, you can always use the power saving mode on your phone settings.
1417815007296.jpg
However, on my case I get between 7 to 16 hours out of one charge.
Depending on the coverage I get wherever I go during my work day, and I use the hell out of my phone. And I don't use any app to help me save battery.

3moosey3

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
The fingerprint scanner isn't working for me again a lot of times. When I am out and need to access my phone it doesn't work very often. I scanned one finger on all the setup scans too. I don't know what else can be done? Do you have any ideas? It may be that my finger gets some sweat or is just fainter at times.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38