Samsung Galaxy S4miniscreen flashing black,not able to press anything and then turns itself off?

Rebecca Woods

Dec 4, 2014
Visit site
Hello, I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini- Model number is GT-I915. I bought it in December of last year.

About 15 minutes ago, my Samsung phone turnt itself off, with no signs of over heating or slowness- which was quite odd. It then immediately turned back on- and I entered my password, however after I done this I was greeted with the message 'Amazon Music is not able to respond' and gave the option to report or select ok.

Not only did I get the message but underneath I got the message that I had reached my data limit ( which I am aware of). Now all of a sudden my background (behind these messages) flashes from black to my actual background. Not allowing me to turn it off or press anything. After about 1 minute or so I was told 'Gear manager has stopped' (What is this?), and then that 'SNS has stopped too' And after roughly 3 minutes my phone turns itself off, then turning itself back on and repeating itself- it has done this several times.

I have currently turned my phone off, (taken the battery out) and I am wondering what to do?
The phone isn't hot at all- so I can not see what the problem is!

What shall I do?!

Thank you,:)

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to the forums.☺

It may be a faulty power button or associated circuitry.
Also do you have an SD card on board? It may be causing problems.
If you are able to boot into Recovery, try wiping the Cache Partition, or even, if your personal data is backed up, a Factory/Master Reset.
Safe Mode may also be useful if you have any apps on the phone that may be causing problems.

http://cellphoneforums.net/samsung-...artition-booting-safe-mode.html#axzz3IF3b5emy

Posted via Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Then, with no SD card, plug the charger in and give it at least 6 hours. Then see what happens. If that doesn't let it operate for at least an hour or so, it's probably just inside the 1 year warranty, so bring it back to Verizon for repair or replacement. (If you bought it online from someone other than Verizon, email the seller, print a copy for yourself, and another one to mail to the seller with a signed return receipt. That ensures that the warranty will be in effect for the repair, even if they delay in getting back to you until January. The mailing date will determine that the repair was requested while the warranty was in effect.) If it happens to be just out of warranty, try Verizon anyway. If you're nice, and get someone nice, they may overlook a couple of days. If not, and you have Asurion (or any other insurance), use it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty