Is my Moto G different? Help please!

Wasiq Nisar

Dec 20, 2014
Visit site
I live in Pakistan. 1 month ago i went to a electronic centre and bought second hand Moto G 1st Gen 8 GB. Everything is working amazing. I am having only one problem, In my Moto G apn settings, the settings are of another network "Warid" whereas i am using another network "Zong". I am trying to save Zong Network settings but it won't because of which my device is not accessing 3G. I did a lot of research. I have rooted my device and did a lot of things. When i tried to update my phone as it is on jellybean (to kitkat) i got error from motorola device manager that my device is not having updates. Current version is : 14.13.7.falcon_umts.Tracfone.en.US.
This made me believe that my device was bought from Tracfone. I think it is having a Sim lock or region lock. I seriously need help. Whenever i try to check my IMEI on imei.info ... i get error saying "We're sorry, but at this moment we can't find required number."
Help PLEASE!
I am being ruined!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Tracfone uses a proprietary version of Android so a) you can't get updates unless the phone is on an active Tracfone account and b) you can't use it on another network very well. The only reason someone in Pakistan is selling a Tracfone phone (I assume Tracfone doesn't operate a network in Pakistan) is because he has it and can sell it to someone who doesn't know he can't use it there. (If Tracfone actually does operate a network in Pakistan, that's the only network the phone will work on properly.)