Samsung Galaxy S4 - "Sorry, this video cannot be played."

Phrie

Dec 23, 2014
Visit site
I have a T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy 4 SGHM919 running KitKat 4.4.4.

I have recorded a lot video files to my SD card with group members for a school project, but 2-3 of them are corrupted and won't play.

I not only need to be able to see them, but I need to be able to edit them on my Windows 7 computer (which they won't play on either).

Please help! This project is due tomorrow, and we really don't have time to re-record!

Posted via the Android Central App

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
re: Samsung Galaxy S4 - "Sorry, this video cannot be played."

Have you tried using third-party video players from the Play Store?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
re: Samsung Galaxy S4 - "Sorry, this video cannot be played."

Try playing it with vlc on the pc. It can play a lot of formats.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4

Phrie

Dec 23, 2014
Visit site
Try playing it with vlc on the pc. It can play a lot of formats.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4

The thing is, it's a .mp4, and the videos WERE playing on my phone at once point. Suddenly, I'm just getting this message saying, "Sorry, this video cannot be played!" for those exact same videos, which I recorded using my camera in my phone, so it should be playable.

The directory is SDCard > DCIM > Camera

Last edited:

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
But you have similar that survived alright. Were they saved to the sd card as well. If only the problem ones were saved to sd, you could move them to internal with the My Files app on the phone, but that's unlikely. It's probable that the sd card is failing. If you can copy everything to pc, before or after unmounting the card in Storage, and plugging the card into a pc (with an card reader if needed) to save / copy, and then run the pc's chkdsk scan on either the copied files or the sd card, it may be in time to save them. You probably know more about this than I. There is also pc software called Pandora that people have found to save/recover files on occasion.
Sorry we're only shouting at the rostrum really, but just trying to cover some bases.

See here for chkdsk:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...guide-using-chkdsk-fix-corrupted-sd-card.html

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KZCY