My Profile info in my Contacts keeps Disappearing? "S4"

A

AC Question

I keep setting up my profile in my "Contacts", with pic and email, the phone number is greyed out so I cannot do anything there, It works fine, a day or two later I notice in my Messaging app that my Profile pic is gone, I then check my Profile in my Contacts and it is blank again, Not sure why.
Galaxy S4 ATT
Ver 4.4.4
Thanks

evelynsg92

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
Same thing is happening to me and I'm about just to hard reset my phone. It's so irritating... I just want my picture to show up in messaging. All my contacts pics are fine, just mine won't show.....

GenericMe Fiftysix

Jan 12, 2015
Visit site
The same described symptom occurs on my device. The profile images for my contacts don't revert to a "blank" icon all at one time. The profile images blank out whether the image directory I'm referencing resides on device storage or external SD memory card. I'm having to re-edit each contact profile individually to add the missing picture back repeatedly.

I've also backed up my contacts with each of the profile images intact and then performed a restore after they've disappeared without success. I suspect that one of the optimization apps that I'm utilizing (Clean Master, CM Security and/or CM Speed Booster) are perhaps initializing the area where these profile images are stored but I'm not certain. Is there a specific named directory location where contact profile images are cached that I can save off perhaps? Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for whatever help can be provided.

Samsung Galaxy S4 Verizon
OS Ver 4.4.2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress