Why am I getting a N7 2012 Android 5.0.2 install error?

A

AC Question

N7 2012 android 5.0.2 install error, need help!!

So, I finally have the option to update to Android 5.0.2 via OTA. I download the file at 311MB I the click the "restart and update" button. It restarts I get the little android dude with the blue spinning thing in his tummy, the blue bar gets so far and BAM! Dead Android with read triangle and the word Error underneath! What is happening? Why is it doing its so frustrating! Anyone have any ideas how to fix? Thanks in advance!

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: N7 2012 android 5.0.2 install error, need help!!

So, I finally have the option to update to Android 5.0.2 via OTA. I download the file at 311MB I the click the "restart and update" button. It restarts I get the little android dude with the blue spinning thing in his tummy, the blue bar gets so far and BAM! Dead Android with read triangle and the word Error underneath! What is happening? Why is it doing its so frustrating! Anyone have any ideas how to fix? Thanks in advance!

Is your tablet rooted or does it have a bootloader unlocked? Those would be reasons why the over the air file fails to update.

Mr_rubbish84

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
Re: N7 2012 android 5.0.2 install error, need help!!

Many thanks for your reply, unfortunately this isn't the case with my N7 I have never done anything to it in regards to rooting etc... I am very tempted to just sideload it though as this is so frustrating!! I think Google mess their updates up all the time how hard can it be?!