How do I stop my voice text from repeating everything twice?

A

AC Question

Every time I voice text, my phone repeats the sentence or paragraph twice. Anyway to avoid this annoyance?

Geezer873

Jan 27, 2017
Visit site
Re: How can I fix the "com.android.systemui has stopped" error?

I confirmed that on my GS4 mini (Kit Kat) doing the long press on home in the HORIZONTAL position does bring up the application stack. However when I turn to the portrait position (my normal) the systemui error dialog reappears and ok sends you to the lock screen. If you press the home while still in the horizontal position my GS4mini returns to the home screen.

Background: Since 1/21/2017 I have been operating with the Google App updates uninstalled and Play Store automatic updates turned off. Today I let the updates be reinstalled to see if there had been a fix. The answer was no. After completing the check out above, I am back with the updates uninstalled with Google App Ver 3.5.161262550.am

yiinn

Jan 27, 2017
Visit site

i tried uninstalling but it immediately reinstalled itself so i then disabled the app but now all i have is a 'unfortunately system ui has stopped' message and when i click either 'send error report' or 'cancel' it just gives me an unresponsive home screen

f_mac

Jan 27, 2017
Visit site

I am getting the error message System UI has stopped .... just did a factory reset but am still having the issues. Not sure what was updated before I started having the problems last weekend...

Just uninstalled the updates for the Google App and it is AOK now ... Thanks Gamekingx

Last edited:

MavenDuMordant

Sep 1, 2016
Visit site

I'm just clueless so I have no idea where to do this uninstall at, steps to follow, etc....
I'm constantly reporting it from the app manager, running apps area where I'm TRYING to stop apps from draining my battery too much. Can anyone take the time to tell us less savvy ppl how to go about uninstalling this evil thing (& WHY hasn't @Google FIXED this problem themselves!)
TYIA

Bluspagetti

Jan 28, 2017
Visit site

This was a system update that Google pushed. Go to settings, application manager, find the google app and select “uninstall updates”. This worked for me.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

I'm just clueless so I have no idea where to do this uninstall at, steps to follow, etc...

Have you actually tried the method that has been described multiple times in this thread?

1. Open the App Manager.
2. Select the Google app.
3. Tap Uninstall. You'll probably be prompted that this will uninstall all updates and revert to the factory-installed version -- accept that.

Alternatively, you could do it this way:
1. Open Google Play Store.
2. Search for the Google app, and select it.
3. From the app page for the Google app, tap Uninstall.

Faiza Iqbal

Jan 28, 2017
Visit site

can any body please tell me how to remove this error? i have no backup of any cell phone now. i have galaxy grand 2 and having the same problem. Did factory resetting also. nothing happened. how to remove as some said due top google update. how to cancel or remove that update. can any body guide me
finally thanks i did it. but from now on wards no update can be done means? or should i check again for updates? are update necessary?