How do I stop my voice text from repeating everything twice?

A

AC Question

Every time I voice text, my phone repeats the sentence or paragraph twice. Anyway to avoid this annoyance?

Ray Jay4

Mar 8, 2017
Visit site
I fixed my phone!!! Nothing here worked and certainly not turning off wifi.
I went to my Google account on line and turned off "Google Voice & Audio Activity".
No more duplicating since late yesterday. It was an intimidate result.
Hopefully this works for everyone.

njruffsters

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
Hey, it seems to have been fixed today! I didn't do anything, but it worked normally again! I looked in Google Play to see what was updated, it showed a few irrelevant ones like Facebook & Instagram, and the only Google app that was updated was Google Play Music. I doubt that that was responsible. So who knows, as people said, this may have entirely been as a result of Google screwing up something on their own server end?

Anyways, I'm not going to take a chance on this again, I've disabled auto-updates, now that things seem to be working properly.

Yeah, it appears that way period I went to nougat this week and voice to text it's a lot worse but it is not repeating. It doesn't get punctuation right, it misses words and types words incorrectly much more than before. Google is messing up and isn't publishing anything. I'm sure they made a server change last night ... hopefully they will keep looking at this crappy product they put out.

K Alnory

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
I did the same thing and I'm using my
Touch pal

I mean it's working but I want my Google to work right

I did it and didn't work for me..
Still a mess
I Undid all google updates
Nothing

Last edited by a moderator:

ejohnnyk

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
It was still happening to me this morning so I tried updating Google App again, then rolled it back, then disabled, the enabled and now it seems to be working. Not sure I want to update quite yet, but is everyone else still dealing with this problem. I have removed Google Voice Search, the older app, which I was using temporarily.

BeachWave

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
Nevermind. Google fixed it :cool:

YES. This is EXACTLY when mine happened as well. I usually leave all the other Keyboard Language update requests alone, but this one time I finally tried Uninstalling them through Google play Store. I tried Uninstalling two of the languages it wanted to update yesterday. Right afterwards is when my Moto X started the different variant spelling of sentences.

This is what I thought had happened, but since everyone else has the same issue I think this was just a HUGE coincidence: Speech to text kept misspelling my last word of my sentence. I finally just kept repeating the word like 4 times in a row hoping it would finally spell it right. Again, could have been a coincidence.

BeachWave

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
Mine is fixed without doing anything.

Looks like it was an issue on Google's side and they fixed the issue.

YAY. Hopefully their fix also made speech to text more accurate. For some reason mine has been SO annoying for the past 1/2 year or more. It used to work flawlessly.. and it's not me, because I can have food in my mouth and it will work perfectly, and some days I speak slowly like Forest Gump and no matter what I do it won't catch half the words.

YAY!

hownam

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
Re: How can I fix the "com.android.systemui has stopped" error?

I've been having this issue on a Galaxy S5, and it stopped doing it this morning 3/9 (no action on my part). Looks like they maybe fixed it.

SKKMom

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Mine started doing this after the 7.0 Android upgrade. I have finally found a fix that works. Go to Settings/ Applications/ Google Text-to-speech. Uninstall upgrade. Worked for me. Hope it works for you.

bbbl67

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
Yeah, it appears that way period I went to nougat this week and voice to text it's a lot worse but it is not repeating. It doesn't get punctuation right, it misses words and types words incorrectly much more than before. Google is messing up and isn't publishing anything. I'm sure they made a server change last night ... hopefully they will keep looking at this crappy product they put out.
Mine never got punctuation right, it doesn't even seem to be aware of punctuation. Are you saying that your previous implementation got punctuation right?

sarahgad

Jan 20, 2017
Visit site
If I'm not mistaken, this functionality is provided by the "Google voice typing" component of the Google app. I've seen some users report this problem appearing after that app was updated; it might be worth a shot to go to Settings > Apps > Google and look for an option to Uninstall updates to see if that has any effect.

Hope it helps

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174