How do I stop my voice text from repeating everything twice?

A

AC Question

Every time I voice text, my phone repeats the sentence or paragraph twice. Anyway to avoid this annoyance?

selfrxd

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
I have found that if you are on wifi....or a good connection, it really helps a ton if you hit pause about 2 seconds after you stop speaking...Helps a lot...if you are on the network..the same things helps, but not as reliable

cubonater

Feb 10, 2015
Visit site
For the Galaxy S4 go to Setting; My Device; scroll to Language and input and tap it. Next make sure Google voice typing is checked AND tap Voice recognition to ensure Basic Google recognition is selected. Please Note: It appears when a user has Google voice typing checked and Samsung powered by Vingo selected that the two programs run simultaneously causing the text to repeat.

LastWombat

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
This appears to be a bug. The above step doesnt fix it for my Tegra note. I can fix it for Google voice search use by *unchecking* the above box, and using only the mic in the URL bar. This implies that voice search is causing it. I will look into browser settings and get back to you. Until then try: echo ATF1

It was much as I suspected. I opened the Google app I disabled okay Google detection I changed my search engine to Yahoo and the voice detection is back to normal. This entire paragraph was dictated. Oh, and don't forget to check the box he mentioned above.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rick Hawkins

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
Sorry to necro this thread but this is driving me nuts on my S3 with 4.3 and it constantly repeats the entire phrase inside the text input box after the original is sent. i have already done a complete reset and what was mentioned above...this started about a week ago... any help is greatly appreciated. I am using google voice typing
Thanks

fljillbrown

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
I just tap the button to pause, my phone (note 4) actually seems to be doing this automatically now, not sure what I did cuz I messed with a bunch of things. but now after I speak if it doesn't do it automatically I hit the record button to stop it.

harpman1946

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
There were a couple helpful hints above...I followed the steps of cubanater..played with it in till I got my LG voice mate disabled,,and using
google voice only..make sure you have Google Voice Recognition enabled... It seems as though the two we're trying to work at the same time...I have the new LG G 4

mtnladync

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
Google Voice Typing is automatic on my Galaxy S4 so no option of checking or unchecking. Also not possible to select both Google Voice typing and Samsung powered by Vlingo at the same time, so that's not an issue. According to my Verizon store this repetition problem is a Google bug that has yet to be corrected. Very frustrating. I know if I remember to immediately press the X button or Speak button after I stop talking the repetition doesn't happen, but of course I don't always remember to do that! Any other ideas?

radiospotz

Oct 19, 2015
Visit site
I now remember you guys are right. The duplication of speech to text was from updating my Google. I keep forgetting that when I get a alert to update Google sometimes I do. I will not update Google Chrome, until I read somewhere Google Chrome fix their problem with her software browser.

A

AC Question

How can I fix the "com.android.systemui has stopped" error?

I have a galaxy S3 and when i hold down the home button to get into the task menu, it throws the "Unfortunately, the process com.android,systemui has stopped" error. I entered safe mode to see if an app was the problem, but the same error was still thrown. What should I try now?

hermeyDDS

Jan 21, 2017
Visit site
Re: How can I fix the "com.android.systemui has stopped" error?

My wife's S3 started having the exact same problem recently. I'm really interested to see if anyone else is having this issue..

A

AC Question

How do I fix the error "com.android.systemui has stopped" on my Samsung Galaxy S3 phone?

Specs: Samsung Galaxy S3, about 4 years old

Software version L710VPUCOJ1
Hardware version L710.14
Model number SPH-L710
Android version 4.4.2
Baseband version L710VPUCOJ1
Kernel version
3.4.0-2970378
dpi@SWHD7407 #1
Wed Oct 14 20:50:24 KST 2015
Build number KOT49H.L710VPUCOJ1
SE for Android status
Enforcing
SEPF_SPH-L710_4.4.2_0032
Wed Oct 15 19:24:40 2014

As long as I have had this phone, S Voice has popped up occasionally when holding the Home button in order to quit apps. I always just exit by pressing the Home button once and then holding the Home button and quitting S Voice.

However starting today S Voice no longer pops up. Instead an error message reading "Unfortunately, the process com.android.systemui has stopped." began appearing every time that I hold down the Home button, and I am unable to go to the screen that shows which apps are running.

I first tried turning off S Voice and then clearing all data for S Voice, but I still had the same problem. Then I rebooted into Recovery Mode, cleared the cache, restarted into the user interface, but this did not solve the problem either. Then I tried booting into Safety Mode and again had the same problem.

What can I do to fix this error?

gracelsan

Jan 21, 2017
Visit site
Re: How can I fix the "com.android.systemui has stopped" error?

I also own an S3 and began having the "Unfortunately, the process com.android,systemui has stopped" error just a while ago. I have completely shut off and rebooted the phone twice, removing the battery the second time. But, this has not stopped the error from showing up when I hold down the home button to clear open apps. Also, when I hit OK on the error message the screen returns to the lock screen. Is this a phone error or perhaps due to a system update problem? How can I fix this problem. I have not installed any new apps recently.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2