Why my S3 mini keeps crashing and restarting everyday??? (please HELP!!!)

A

AC Question

Ok, so my device is a S3 mini. I bought it one and a half year ago. I rooted my device months ago and i never had problems until now. i first had an issue with the battery (the battery was dead) and i had to replace the battery with a new one. But after replacing it, my phone starts crashing and reboots automatically. It crashed when using an app and it sometimes crash when i just turn on my phone. It always crash at least once a day. The screen first becomes blurry and my phone starts vibrating for at least 6 seconds then the screen turns black and it reboots automatically. So can someone tell me why my phone is acting like this and how i can repair it, thanks!!!!!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Do you have an SD card inserted? If it's corrupt, it might cause issues like that. Try unmounting the card and removing it, then seeing if the crashes persist.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Try booting into Safe Mode, which prevents all 3rd party apps from opening. If the problem goes away in Safe Mode, then you know that something you installed is the culprit--the challenge then is to figure out which app. You may have to uninstall apps one by one. If, on the other hand, the problem remains in Safe Mode, then the issue lies with either the hardware or the system. You'd probably have to bring the phone to a repair shop or contact a Samsung service center.

Power the Device Up in Safe Mode Samsung Galaxy S III mini | Verizon Wireless

DarshanFlyer

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
So yeah i haven't installed 3rd party apps for at least 5 months. The last app i downloaded is Whatsapp (which i downloaded in October 2014). i never had problems with this app and with my phone until January 2015. So i removed the SD card as you told me and the rate in which my phone crashes decrease but it still crash at least everyday 2 days or 3 days. And i don't think it's a hardware problem because i haven't broke or throw my phone. And i still have my phone's warranty but i think rooting it void the warranty. I root my phone with Kindo Android Root and do you think i should un-root my phone (Kingo has an un-root option). Or must i update my android or must i factory reset my phone?

Llightning Blaster

Jul 21, 2015
Visit site
So yeah i haven't installed 3rd party apps for at least 5 months. The last app i downloaded is Whatsapp (which i downloaded in October 2014). i never had problems with this app and with my phone until January 2015. So i removed the SD card as you told me and the rate in which my phone crashes decrease but it still crash at least everyday 2 days or 3 days. And i don't think it's a hardware problem because i haven't broke or throw my phone. And i still have my phone's warranty but i think rooting it void the warranty. I root my phone with Kindo Android Root and do you think i should un-root my phone (Kingo has an un-root option). Or must i update my android or must i factory reset my phone?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez