Software problem

crammpa

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I have replaced my S3 with a Galaxy Alpha (sm-g850a) from AT&T. The phone is only a few months old. It came out last fall of 2014. At first the phone was running flawlessly. It has good reviews and great benchmark scores. I feel the phone should be running more smoothly then it is. Sometimes the phone stutters or lags. By that I mean it takes forever to open an app or fully load. The phone will have nanosecond pauses when scrolling. Sometimes I don't get my notifications from 3rd party apps. Sometimes I will get a force close warning on almost everything I do. I only have a few apps that I never had a problem with. Just to make sure that it was not an app I did a factory reset. After that I did not install any apps but that didn't fix the problem. As of now Android Central is the only app I installed so I could ask this question. Unfortunately there is no root method for my phone and I hate not having root capabilities. I Googled everything I could think of but that was ineffective. Is there any way to diagnose a smartphone and pin point any software problems?

Last edited: