1. AC Question's Avatar
    I recently purchased an Acer Iconian A1-830 tablet. It hasn't actually arrived yet so I don't know much about it. I will shortly be travelling to Singapore, Australia and the USA. I will need to re-charge the device whilst in these countries. I am concerned about damaging it if I don't use the correct transformer or whatever is required. Is it simply a case of getting one of those plug converters (i.e. is there a transformer built into the device?) or is there a little more to it? If so, is there one universal converter that I can use in all three locations or do I need a country-specific one? Thanks.
    02-06-2015 01:55 AM
  2. B. Diddy's Avatar
    Welcome to Android Central! Devices almost always come with a charger that is compatible with both 110V and 220V, so check the plug's fine print (it'll say 110-220V). In that case, all you need is the adapter for the socket, not a converter.
    02-06-2015 10:41 PM
  3. victim311's Avatar
    Many thanks for that. The small print says 100 - 240V so I guess that covers most countries. You've put my mind at rest.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    02-07-2015 12:31 PM

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-06-2015, 10:54 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-06-2015, 10:44 PM
  3. How do I change the message center number?
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-06-2015, 01:32 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-06-2015, 01:27 AM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-06-2015, 12:28 AM