How can I get my Lg G2 back?

HaseebImran

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
Lg G2 severe issues

Hi.....
i just had a severe battery problem on my g2.Had been finding solutions to it.I ended up with going for a factory reset.After installing windows update on my pc.I went to acer site and installed all drivers as PC SUITE was not able to connect to my G2.After 3 days of work.I was connected to Pc suite.It told me that there was a new update available of my phone,I decided to install it.It took about 8 hours for the software update to download upto 68%.
and suddenly...
My phone was factory resetted.Software download was complete and to my pleasure G2s touch wasnt working.....i wasnt able to access anything...It worked on some locations on my screen and was useless....I bought an otg cable and configured the device.After the software update i had lost all my data...Phone was completely new.Now its neither performs the factory reset not the hard reset and while turning it own it shows a logo of "POWERED BY android"
I think g2 is the worst fone.First it gave me total 4 hrs of battery time on airplane mode and now this.I am totally upset!!!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Lg G2 severe issues

Sorry about your issues. Are you certain you installed the correct PC Suite for your exact phone model? On the PC Suite website, there are quite a few phones to choose from, based on carrier. Since updates can vary depending on the carrier, it's possible you installed the incorrect PC Suite for your particular G2, and it installed a system update intended for a different version of your phone. That could potentially brick it.

In general, I would only rely on the Settings>About Phone>System Update menu to update the system. These manufacturer-designed PC software suites are often clunky and buggy.

HaseebImran

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site

I am sure about it!!I installed the correct version of Pc suite...phone has gone viral or something..What should i do now...I heard somewhere ti flash it.Can i help?I think any program or software of screen has became faulty Whats say??

HaseebImran

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site

Sorry about your issues. Are you certain you installed the correct PC Suite for your exact phone model? On the PC Suite website, there are quite a few phones to choose from, based on carrier. Since updates can vary depending on the carrier, it's possible you installed the incorrect PC Suite for your particular G2, and it installed a system update intended for a different version of your phone. That could potentially brick it.

In general, I would only rely on the Settings>About Phone>System Update menu to update the system. These manufacturer-designed PC software suites are often clunky and buggy.

Can i go to the previous software version?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Sorry, but I don't have direct experience with flashing ROMs. What I can tell you is that it would wipe the phone, so you'd lose your data--but it sounds like that happened already. It wouldn't be a custom ROM--it would be the stock ROM (i.e., the factory ROM). The main disadvantage would be the potential risk of completely bricking the phone if you do something wrong, but it sounds like the way your phone is right now isn't that great anyway.

One other thought--are you certain you have a genuine LG G2? Did you buy it from a trustworthy source, or was it a bargain on eBay? The reason I ask is that there are counterfeit or knockoff clones out there. If you tried to update a clone with the genuine G2 firmware, it could cause lots of issues. You mentioned a logo that says "powered by Android"--is that all it says? No LG logo? That kind of behavior can sometimes reveal the fact that the device is a knockoff--you can see it on Samsung S4 and S5 knockoffs, where the Samsung welcome logo gets replaced at some point by a Mediatek logo or something similar (Samsung doesn't use Mediatek chips for their CPUs).

HaseebImran

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site

Sorry, but I don't have direct experience with flashing ROMs. What I can tell you is that it would wipe the phone, so you'd lose your data--but it sounds like that happened already. It wouldn't be a custom ROM--it would be the stock ROM (i.e., the factory ROM). The main disadvantage would be the potential risk of completely bricking the phone if you do something wrong, but it sounds like the way your phone is right now isn't that great anyway.

One other thought--are you certain you have a genuine LG G2? Did you buy it from a trustworthy source, or was it a bargain on eBay? The reason I ask is that there are counterfeit or knockoff clones out there. If you tried to update a clone with the genuine G2 firmware, it could cause lots of issues. You mentioned a logo that says "powered by Android"--is that all it says? No LG logo? That kind of behavior can sometimes reveal the fact that the device is a knockoff--you can see it on Samsung S4 and S5 knockoffs, where the Samsung welcome logo gets replaced at some point by a Mediatek logo or something similar (Samsung doesn't use Mediatek chips for their CPUs).

Phone i bought is completely genuine.Yes i see the powered by android logo but i have the same Lg logo on the top as it powers on!!!
Though it may be a refurbished piece Cant say!!!
Custom rom meaning of the original G2.Would i have to root for that?
And one thing more If there if i wait for the next update i.e lollipop next week or so and i install it Can it help?

HaseebImran

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site

One thing more My fone is a 32gb variant Available space was 24 gb but now its only 10.6gb