Since downloading KitKat to my 10.,1 it will not connect to the internet any ideas?

A

AC Question

since downloading kitkat to my 10.1 it will not connect to the internet any ideas?

I downloaded kitkat following a prompt on my 10.1. Since then I can check my emails and BBC news feeds but otherwise cannot get on line. Searches for any topic just go round and round. I cannot even clear history. Any ideas on what to do or advice on how to go back to Jelly Bean please

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: since downloading kitkat to my 10.1 it will not connect to the internet any ideas?

If you're getting email, you're on the internet, so you're going to have to figure out what the actual problem is. If it's that most connections are incredibly slow, make sure that your router is using AES encryption, not TKIP or TKIP+AES. There seems to be a problem with KitKat and TKIP - but I can't determine whether it's Android or a loose enough "standard" so that, even though everyone is within it, various implementations don't interoperate. (I solved it by buying a cheap Netgear N300 router. I still get the same speeds I got on my Linksys with Jellybean. And Linksys doesn't seem to care about even finding out why their routers don't work with some cellphones.)