Why does My Tablet keep shutingdown when launching certain apps.?/

CresentChaos

Mar 4, 2015
Visit site
Hello Fellow Citizens,/

Today I decided to ask a question due to well not having enough experience on the android field as i would've liked to so, lets get started ( P.S. : Sorry for the wall of text ) ./

Question :
Why do some Apps Completely Shutdown my Tablet??/

Details :
The Apps that keep doing this are CSR Racing, Raid Hunter, and HelpmeJack.
Before you start yes they are all up to date, they worked before/

I Tried the aLogcat App and it didn't log anything since the device did a shutdown/

Before i thought it was a RAM issue but after running the app with 800MBs the tablet still shutdown. and i tried running with 300-500MBs and sometimes the apps ran an other times they didn't/

Anyone have an Idea why it keeps doing it?? and does rooting my device improve performance?

Device Details :

Running a Vanilla Acer B1-750 ( Not Rooted ) Device.

Product SKU : Wi-Fi
Device Info Version : 1.0
Touch FW Version : ID:38 VER:A1
Manufacturer : Acer
Model ID : B1-730
Android Version : 4.4.2
IAFW Version : F9.EE
Kernel Version : 3.10.20
Image Version : Acer_AV0K0_B1-730_RC01RC01_WW_GEN1
Build Number : Acer_AV0K0_B1-730_1.004.00_WW_GEN1
CPU Vender : Intel
CPU Speed : 1.60Ghz
CPU Version : Clover Trail + Z2560
CPU Core : 2 Cores
ROM Size : 16GB
RAM Size : 1GB
Horizontal Pixels : 600
Vertical Pixels : 1024

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! That kind of behavior could be due to the app itself (perhaps after a recent update), or possibly some subtle incompatibility with the Intel processor. When Android devices first started using Intel processors, there was a relatively high incompatibility rate, but that's improved significantly over the past couple of years--still, there might be some residual issues here and there.

One thing you can try is to wipe the system cache partition, which won't erase any personal data. Follow the steps in this video, but instead of selecting Wipe Data/Factory Reset, make sure you select Wipe Cache Partition. When complete, then select Reboot System Now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHI3rHagSpM

CresentChaos

Mar 4, 2015
Visit site

Thank you B. Diddy, unfortunately this didn't work :C what i don't get is why sometimes they work and other times simple not... anyhow my other question is do you think it will be a good idea to root the device or just leave it as it is??

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Rooting probably won't fix anything. Rooting in itself just allows greater access to the system. You'd have to figure out what to do while rooted to make things work better, but first, there needs to be some clue as to what's causing the problem.

My guess is still that it's an incompatibility issue. Unfortunately, unless the developer comes out with a fix, there's probably not much you can do.