Why does my tablet keep crashing when connected to Wi-Fi hotspot?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have an Onda tablet running Android Jelly Bean 4.2.2. I set up a wifi hotspot on my phone, which is included in my data plan. Then I connect the tablet to the wifi hotspot. It works great for a while, but then it crashes. I mean the tablet crashes, not the browser or any particular app. I have tried many browsers. The table will act like it's rebooting but never actually reboot. I have to hold the power button down to restart. Also, it does this with other tablets that are the same. I've tried 4 different ones. When I have two tablets connected, they crash at the same time pretty much. Something coming from the wifi is triggering something in the tablets. Some apps have a broadcast intent Java exception in their error log. Could this be a broadcast issue? If so, how could that cause the tablets to crash like they do? Anyone have any ideas? Thanks

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Something causing the hotspot to use a 0 or 255 address? Something (even your carrier) causing the hotspot to lose the internet connection, even for a second?

It's difficult enough to troubleshoot a problem like that by being there, with test equipment. Doing it from here is just trying different guesses.