How long does the S4 retain its call logs?

A

AC Question

I wanted to check my phone logs for a particular phone number of a caller, lets say April 2014, and I noticed that I only have numbers from December 2014 going forward. I figure that there is a default setting for this where my S4 may be set to keep all calls that are 3 months previous or so. Do you know anything about this?

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I wanted to check my phone logs for a particular phone number of a caller, lets say April 2014, and I noticed that I only have numbers from December 2014 going forward. I figure that there is a default setting for this where my S4 may be set to keep all calls that are 3 months previous or so. Do you know anything about this?
I have a Note 3 so similar Touchwiz.
My logs go back to December 2013 when I got the phone, but I average less than 15 calls/texts a week in the last 6 months (I do more calls on my dumb phone number). So it could be the volume.
Have you selected All Logs in the log menu.
I can access my call logs on my Gmail web page, but I think it's down to my SMS Backup+ app.

Do you sync to Kies on a pc, that might restrict the logs left on the device.

Stick around for better advice.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Mine go back just short of 2 years, but I rarely get calls. It's either the number of calls or the size of the log, and I can't find any setting for it, like there is in Email.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87