How do I fix my Android phone it has a lot of static even on local calls?

A

AC Question

how to fix my android phone it has a lot of static even on local calls

I don't know what happened but my Android phone now has a lot of static and keeps breaking up even on local calls. How can I fix this?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: how to fix my android phone it has a lot of static even on local calls

Welcome to Android Central! Which phone, and which carrier? Have you spoken to your carrier about it?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

Digital communications doesn't have static. If it's CDMA (Sprint, Verizon), a weak signal sounds like the person is underwater. If it's GSM (AT&T, TMobile, most of the world outside the USA), a weak signal sounds like Cher autotuned on steroids.

Static would be something in the phone. Breaking up could be a weak signal (Sprint covers this town like a blaket, but my daughter's house is a total dead zone for them - while AT&T and Verizon are solid all over the house). Whether you're calling next door or another continent has nothing to do with it.

As B. Diddy said, I'd speak to the carrier about it, but it's most likely being caused by some problem in the phone.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Another thing to try is to make a call on speakerphone, or with a wired or Bluetooth headset. If that isn't staticky, then the problem lies with the phone's earpiece speaker.