How can I stop a Just for You gift box pop up?

A

AC Question

Just for You gift box pop up

i have 4 phones on my account and all phones keep getting a pop up with gift box with a red bow with the words "just for you" across the top a gift box underneath and a different app below the box. When u exit out of the pop up another one comes up usually with a similar app. The format is always the same. I spoke to Verizon and they thot it was because we shared the same Google play account... That is not the case... They first FD me if I. Gifting on the myverizon accountt. This did not work, now before I reset my phone I am hoping someone has another suggestion....

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Just for You gift box pop up

Welcome to Android Central! Do all of the devices have the same apps installed? Look for common apps between the devices (not counting the ones that were preinstalled), and try uninstalling them (especially if they're games), since one of them might have come with adware.

Kgonzo13

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
I had the same start happening on my phone. The only things I have dont were update my phone and download a few apps. Acme markets, snap, ibotta and checkout51. By any chance do you have any of these?

Lori Salsbury

Jul 6, 2015
Visit site
I FINALLY discovered that it was my free music downloader app. And it seems that MANY, if not MOST of the free ones use that same spam. I was able to switch to one that doesn't pop that JUNK up at any old time, but it does pop it up when I use that particular app. For me that is the best solution I've found. I just haven't had the time to go through and test multiple music downloader apps to find one that does not use it.

Lori Salsbury

Jul 6, 2015
Visit site
My post was supposed to be a reply to you. I FINALLY discovered that it was my free music downloader app. And it seems that MANY, if not MOST of the free ones use that same spam. I was able to switch to one that doesn't pop that JUNK up at any old time, but it does pop it up when I use that particular app. For me that is the best solution I've found. I just haven't had the time to go through and test multiple music downloader apps to find one that does not use it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenw0419