The home button keeps sending me to the google ask, how do I stop it?

A

AC Question

I have a Galaxy s5, and before now it's been working very well. I've not changed any settings anytime around this started, and I've gone through all the settings to make sure nothing was doing it.
Whenever I click the home button, which is quite often, and it sends me to the google ask, where often it doesn't easily let me leave it and I have to continually click the home button until it actually sends me to where I want, the home page.
How do I turn it off? It's incredibly annoying and inconvenient to have to click home multiple times

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I have a Galaxy s5, and before now it's been working very well. I've not changed any settings anytime around this started, and I've gone through all the settings to make sure nothing was doing it.
Whenever I click the home button, which is quite often, and it sends me to the google ask, where often it doesn't easily let me leave it and I have to continually click the home button until it actually sends me to where I want, the home page.
How do I turn it off? It's incredibly annoying and inconvenient to have to click home multiple times

Welcome to Android Central!

Try following the directions below on how to turn off Google Now

https://support.google.com/websearch/answer/2824784?hl=en