Ever since the update to lollipop last night, I haven't been able to get my "ok google" to be "Always On" the option is greyed out.

I've tried activating svoice, restarting, deactivating svoive, restarting, uninstalling any apps to have anything to do with notification.

I've made sure that my google voice is in the advanced mode. US English is selected. I'm not sure what else to try.

I have found a workaround with s voice and just activating that and then opening Google from that, if I want to do it hands free like I used to be able to, but I would like to be able to just reactivate my "ok Google" at any time again.

does anybody have any ideas on what I need to do to get it to activate again?

If I restart my phone, and open it immediately I can select it, but then in a few minutes greys itself out and turns itself off, so I feel like there could be some app conflict but I don't know what one.

😦

Thank you.

-At&t Note 4, Running 5.0.1
    Attached Thumbnails Cannot select "Always On" detection on "Ok Google" since 5.0.1 update.-screenshot_2015-03-26-01-01-07.jpg  
    03-26-2015 02:59 PM
    There is a fix in this thread.

To fix this issue on lollipop.

1. Goto application management and disable S Voice
    2. Reboot
    3. Goto Google Now, the Always On feature will no longer be grayed out
    4. Turn it on

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...nywhere-2.html
    TheBroker likes this.
    03-26-2015 03:03 PM
    If I do that, it still will not activate in locked mode like it used to. Which is the feature I liked about it.

03-26-2015 04:22 PM
    Ok, update, it now works on locked screen, but only while charging. 😦

03-26-2015 07:59 PM
    This worked for me too, but will only do "Ok Google" from a black out lockscreen when charging, not off a charger. Haven't tried it just plugged into a computer USB, but oh well, I'll take it. Thanks.
    03-27-2015 05:29 PM
    Still looking for a fix to activate from lock/sleep while not plugged in.

Workaround I found was turing on the hand wave gesture to wake up, then I can activate it from there.

(I'm a vet tech, sometimes I don't want to touch my phone to start a timer or whatever. Lol)

03-27-2015 06:27 PM
    Has anyone else figured anything out? Because if you disable s voice or at least if I disable s voice I can no longer use my front facing camera unless it's enabled. I also have the voice activation on my camera which I would like to keep and apparently doesn't work with s voice disabled.

03-29-2015 10:48 PM
    Has anyone figured out how to do this even when its not charging?
    10-12-2015 10:00 AM
    Ever since the update to lollipop last night, I haven't been able to get my "ok google" to be "Always On" the option is greyed out.

I've tried activating svoice, restarting, deactivating svoive, restarting, uninstalling any apps to have anything to do with notification.

I've made sure that my google voice is in the advanced mode. US English is selected. I'm not sure what else to try.

I have found a workaround with s voice and just activating that and then opening Google from that, if I want to do it hands free like I used to be able to, but I would like to be able to just reactivate my "ok Google" at any time again.

does anybody have any ideas on what I need to do to get it to activate again?

If I restart my phone, and open it immediately I can select it, but then in a few minutes greys itself out and turns itself off, so I feel like there could be some app conflict but I don't know what one.

😦

Thank you.

I found the answer in a Reddit thread

>I had the same problem. If you select "retain voice model" immediately after clicking "OK google from any screen" you can get it to work. You just have to do it before it reverts.

Credit to
    /u/ibthugin
    10-23-2016 10:03 PM