How do I disable notifications that an app is denied certain permissions?

vancouverron

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
disable notifications that app is denied certain permissions

I am using App Permissions to set permissions that the various apps are allowed to use. As an example, the app Waze wants to use "Read Contacts". Since I am using Waze to navigate only I do not feel that the app needs access to my contacts. Therefore I have set it to "always deny".
Next I unchecked "Show Notifications" in the app.
However, whenever I start Waze a notification appears for several seconds "Waze is denied to read contacts".
I have other apps with the same issue. Any way to get rid of this type of notification?
I am using Android 4.4.2
Mahalo,
vancouverron

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: disable notifications that app is denied certain permissions

I am using App Permissions to set permissions that the various apps are allowed to use. As an example, the app Waze wants to use "Read Contacts". Since I am using Waze to navigate only I do not feel that the app needs access to my contacts. Therefore I have set it to "always deny".
Next I unchecked "Show Notifications" in the app.
However, whenever I start Waze a notification appears for several seconds "Waze is denied to read contacts".
I have other apps with the same issue. Any way to get rid of this type of notification?
I am using Android 4.4.2
Mahalo,
vancouverron

I imagine that the notification that you are getting is from the app that is denying the other app access. I don't think that is coming from the Waze app. The App Permissions app is letting you know that it completed the task. Is there a menu in the Permissions app where you can turn off the notifications from that app.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site

Based on what you wrote, what the app is supposed to do it sounds like its working as designed. Keep in mind the reason Waze may want to access your contacts if you you decide to travel to a contact it can locate the address information. I assume there are voice controls associated with it.

vancouverron

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site

itguyjax8430:
The "permission denied" is coming from Waze. Since I did indeed set permissions such that Waze does not have access to my Contacts it is complaining about it. What I would like to do is NOT getting reminded every time I use the app that the app does not have access to my contacts.

Raptor007: You are correct: The app is working fine. My issue is that I don't want to get reminded by the various apps that they don't have access to whatever. One alternative might be to simply set up fictitious files - in the Waze case it would be Contacts. However, I don't know enough about the OS to be able to set up two different contact files: One I want to use but not share, the other for an app that thinks it needs access to that file.
Mahalo,
vancouverron

Chris_guiwa

Nov 11, 2016
Visit site

I imagine that the notification that you are getting is from the app that is denying the other app access. I don't think that is coming from the Waze app. The App Permissions app is letting you know that it completed the task. Is there a menu in the Permissions app where you can turn off the notifications from that app.

You don't need to uninstal the software. Just go to settings -> security -> ask permission -> go to apps then select the app. Get position then allow always.

If issu persist please add me on facebook. Chris guiwa. Or email me shunder_777@yahoo.com.ph

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Long-press the notification - you should get an "App info" item. Tap that and you'll see which app is giving you the notification. You probably can't turn off just one notification in that app, but at least you'll know where to look.

(If you're rooted and running Xposed, run NotifyClean and you can tell it to "eat" one particular notification. It kills all of any app's notifications, single ones, or has all of an app's notifications ignored. But it runs under Xposeds, so the phone has to be rooted.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer