Added new hidden files, deleted old??

A

AC Question

So basically the title.
I believe I had a few photos and a video hidden already to begin with. When I added a video, it basically up and deleted my old files! The new file was the only thing hidden in the Gallery.
I dug into my files, ticked "show hidden files" opened up the .hide folder, and its empty. I even deleted that new video to see if the other files would return in the Gallery, but they did not, and now through Gallery I cant choose to show anything thats hidden.
I cleared the cache and forced stopped the Gallery app and nothing.
I purchased the Tablet (Galaxy Tab 4 7.0) late Febuary so I dont know if an update possibly had something to do with it.
Ive been digging through every possible file through file manager and was only able to find 2-3 thumbnails of the 25+ photos/videos I had saved, but nothing of the files themselves. I never hard reset the tablet, and I never made copies of the files. Please help! Anyone know what the cause might be??

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
So basically the title.
I believe I had a few photos and a video hidden already to begin with. When I added a video, it basically up and deleted my old files! The new file was the only thing hidden in the Gallery.
I dug into my files, ticked "show hidden files" opened up the .hide folder, and its empty. I even deleted that new video to see if the other files would return in the Gallery, but they did not, and now through Gallery I cant choose to show anything thats hidden.
I cleared the cache and forced stopped the Gallery app and nothing.
I purchased the Tablet (Galaxy Tab 4 7.0) late Febuary so I dont know if an update possibly had something to do with it.
Ive been digging through every possible file through file manager and was only able to find 2-3 thumbnails of the 25+ photos/videos I had saved, but nothing of the files themselves. I never hard reset the tablet, and I never made copies of the files. Please help! Anyone know what the cause might be??

Welcome to Android Central!

Try installing ES File Manager and see if it can locate the files.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...com.estrongs.android.pop&hl=en&token=2SoVzQ7j

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty