Question .pending MP4 file

MattP1987

Nov 12, 2023
Visit site
Hiya!

I have an issue where I recorded an extremely important video for work on my Samsung A22. However, I cannot find the video in my gallery or files.

The best I have been able to do is plug my phone into my PC, and find a 27mb MP4 file which for some reason only has the audio. It had the title ".pending" followed by the usual standard formatting for saved media files, and was saved to my DCMI>Camera folder in my SD Card.

Edit: Other suggestions found online recommend looking in a LOST DIR folder, but unfortunately when I look there it is empty.

I have made a copy to my PC of this file, and I can hear the audio fine. The issue is that I really need the video. It's a 15 minute video so clearly the .pending file that is only 27mb and only has the audio isn't the file with the video (or is it?)

I've tried using things like VLC media player to fix it, and have also tried MP4Fix.

Does anyone know how to sort this issue out?

Best wishes

Matt

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It may be that something went wrong when the device was trying to save the video file to the SD card. One possibility is a corrupt or counterfeit card -- how much space does the SD card report, and where did you get the card? Counterfeit cards are unfortunately relatively common, especially if they're off-brand, or bought from random online sellers rather than well-established retailers. You can check the integrity of a card this way: How to Spot a Fake MicroSD Card and Avoid Being Scammed

MattP1987

Nov 12, 2023
Visit site
Hi,

Thanks for the reply. It's not a corrupted SD card though - i've made videos since this happened and they've all been saved fine. It's this one specific and important video I need to find.

It's strange as I have the audio, so its not like the camera app did nothing.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Just because you're able to save other files on the card doesn't mean it's completely intact. Some specific sectors might be corrupt. Inserting it into a Windows PC and running chkdsk might tell you if this is the case.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, I'm not sure what else to try, then. I can only think that something glitched during recording.

You took the video using the native Camera app, and not some 3rd party app's access to the camera, right? I ask this because videos taken by 3rd party apps might be saved to their own specific directories, rather than DCIM.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter