Why can't I delete miscellaneous files from my Alcatel One Touch Mega?

A

AC Question

why can't I delete miscellaneous files from my Alcatel one touch mega?

I recently purchased an Alcatel one touch and have only had it a few weeks. When I look at my storage, 80% of it is taken up by miscellaneous files. When I click on miscellaneous files, there is nothing but a blank screen. I bought an sd card, but again, when I go to storage, the options for where to store things is grayed out, and I can't click on it. I can't even update my apps because I don't have enough storage. Please help!!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: why can't I delete miscellaneous files from my Alcatel one touch mega?

Welcome to the forums. Some miscellaneous files are system protected. There are a lot of files there that help Android run, and would be detrimental if you accidentally deleted them.

As for your storage issues, can you share a screenshot of your storage stats, please?

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site

Those files could be cache, or space held for specific system apps or part of the OS system. Pretty much anything it can be that we can't get the space back from. iOS has the same issue.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

There isn't that much storage to begin with. There is only 2.1 GB on the phone.

You can click on the section and it will show you what's in there, but I am not sure if I would delete anything.

From an AOSP M8

kaylinweigel

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site

When I click on miscellaneous files, it's a blank screen, didn't show anything. Also, I bought an sd card for extra storage, but at the top where it gives you the option of where to save items (phone or sd card) but it's grayed out, and I can't click on it.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Some apps can't be moved to the internal storage. Some others can, its all up to the developer. The SD card should typically be used for media, like photos. You could move your pictures to the card and clear out the cached data. That will give you some space, but it still comes back to the fact that this device doesn't have that much to work with.

From an AOSP M8

kaylinweigel

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site

Just an fyi, I had a friend take care of the issue for me, and I didn't root anything. I feel like as a "team leader" you would have been more helpful....

Jason Smith2016

Nov 16, 2016
Visit site
I want to delete my miscellaneous files.. I get a blank screen when I try to view them also ..

I have an Alcatel One Touch model A845L straight talk branded purchased from Walmart

I don't care if I lose important data ..

The Misc. files are using 2Gb of my phone .. That's ridiculous !!

Last edited:

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Just got this phone at Waimart wish I had never purchased it.

I want to delete my miscellaneous files.. I get a blank screen when I try to view them also ..

I have an Alcatel One Touch model A845L straight talk branded purchased from Walmart

I don't care if I lose important data ..

The Misc. files are using 2Gb of my phone .. That's ridiculous !!

Is this the device you are referring to? alcatel One Touch Star - Full phone specifications

Star233

Apr 18, 2018
Visit site
I cannot even open my miscellaneous file,let alone delete them....and they're taking up 5 GB out of my available 10 GB! My phone is Huawei Y6. How can I view nd delete my miscellaneous files???

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
"Miscellaneous" does not mean "not needed". It means "not user's files". They are needed by parts of the operating system. You should not delete them if you want the phone to work correctly.

Anthony Le 1156

May 11, 2019
Visit site
I have an Alcatel_4060A and nearly 1.7 GB is taken up by miscellaneous files. When I went to the category, there is a blank screen as shown in the attachment. How can I delete them? Thank you very much for your help.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-05-10-17-14-51.png
    Screenshot_2019-05-10-17-14-51.png
    40.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_2019-05-10-17-14-55.png
    Screenshot_2019-05-10-17-14-55.png
    44.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_2019-05-10-17-15-01.png
    Screenshot_2019-05-10-17-15-01.png
    14.1 KB · Views: 0

Trending Posts

Forum statistics