Can't add/delete files from my phones app data folders

seanmwaple

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
I am talking about the Kodi app ... PC\Z Fold5\Internal storage\Android\data\org.xbmc.kodi

I got a new phone and I wanted to just move all my files from my Kodi app to the new phone. It will take me forever to get Kodi setup if I have to do it manually. But it doesn't let me drag and drop the files from the old phone into the new one. I have tried doing it on my laptop and tried a handful of different 3rd party file management apps. Nothing would work. Does my phone need to be rooted???

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The /Android/data directory might be a protected system directory that requires root access if you want to manipulate files and folders directly. I can't access it using Files by Google, but I can access it using Total Commander (after granting certain permissions). See if you have any success using that file manager.

Last edited:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I am talking about the Kodi app ... PC\Z Fold5\Internal storage\Android\data\org.xbmc.kodi

I got a new phone and I wanted to just move all my files from my Kodi app to the new phone. It will take me forever to get Kodi setup if I have to do it manually. But it doesn't let me drag and drop the files from the old phone into the new one. I have tried doing it on my laptop and tried a handful of different 3rd party file management apps. Nothing would work. Does my phone need to be rooted???
This is a Fold 5 ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali