I have a HTC One mini 2 and the setting app is missing.

A

AC Question

Other app like message app is also not functioning.

I also did try to hard reset using the volume down and power button since it is set to quick launch I can do this.

Any suggestions?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! You've checked the App Drawer (the grid that shows all of your installed apps)? How about when you swipe down from the top of the screen with two fingers--is there a settings icon (looks like a gear) in that panel?

Drowz0r

Aug 16, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem.

My settings shortcut randomly went. When I swipe down from the top there is a settings (gear) icon but pressing it now does nothing.

Tried hardware factory reset but this only works if fast boot isn't enabled (mine is) and I cannot get to the fast boot options because, you guessed it, it is in the settings options.

The Old Git

Oct 5, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

I am having the same problem as listed above. I tried your solution looking into the drop down from the top of the desktop and tapping Settings but I am immediately back to the desk top.

I have tried turning the phone off, pressing the Volume Down but nothing happens. I have also tried the Volume Down and Start button at the same time but it just starts.

Nothing I have done has made any difference, please help.

Fettucini

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem with my htc one mini 2. A few days ago whatsapp and messenger randomly disappeared off the phone and wouldn't let me reinstall, so I did a hard reset. All was fine for two days, then today the settings icon just disappeared. Tried to access settings through other ways but it won't open. Unbelievable how many problems I've had with this phone since buying 2 months ago, had to do around 4 hard resets already. Don't know if it's the software or hardware.
Anyone have a solution?

Fettucini

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site
Today my phone restarted itself whilst I was using it, and I got a message on start-up saying it had inconsistant UIDs.. But the settings menu has reappeared and accessible again. It's bizarre.. things like this keep happening. Anyone know what could be the problem?