Microphone Issue for my HTC desire 820s

A

AC Question

Bought my phone a month back. Did a firmware update 2 weeks back. Had no issues till now. Now my microphone is not working for phone calls and whatsapp calls but it works good with audio and video recording. Is there someone who knows how to fix this.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Do calls work over speakerphone or wired/Bluetooth headset? If so, then I would be concerned about a failed primary phone mic. The audio and video recording is probably done by the secondary mic, so that would be unaffected by a failed primary phone mic.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If it works in Safe Mode, then some 3rd party app is causing problems. This can still happen after a factory reset if apps start installing automatically. Do another factory reset, but before you do, go to Settings>Backup & Reset, and uncheck Automatically Restore. Then after the reset and after you're done with the Setup Wizard, go immediately to Play Store and stop any apps that might be installing automatically. Now see if the calls work. If they do, then start reinstalling apps one by one, checking calls after each installation.

Sree Machiraju

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
From yesterday night am facing the issue regarding microphone am able to hear but the recipient is unable to hear my voice.it is working fine with using Bluetooth and the videos voice recorders are also working good during calls and sending whtsapp voice notes am facing the issue I bought this a month back only.please can you please help me

Alex Joshua Garcia

Sep 5, 2015
Visit site
I am experiencing the same problem. Outbound and inbound calls made through phone and apps such as Facebook Messenger and Skype, cannot hear me on their end. I dont think it has to do with the network service provider like the ones Ive read over web search engine, finding a solution to fix this problem. I hope somebody can really fix this problem or the upcoming lollipop update would.

tushita

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
Hi there,
i got my HTC 820s two months back. Iam facing the same issues. My microphone stops working at times. And then it gets ok after awhile. It works well with a headset. There are no network issues. Please help.

Samiru Nayantha

Jul 29, 2016
Visit site
Re: Microphone Issue of my HTC desire 820s

I am using HTC desire 820g+ dual SIM phone it is 3G model . Some times when I make a call the person cannot hear me I can hear the person. On the other side . I am having same problem when receiving a call the caller has to dial 2nd time to talk to me in the first attempt call cannot hear me .

so I do factory reset. After the 7 days same issue.. help me to fix this. Thanks! :(

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non