How do I lock messages on my Galaxy S 5?

A

AC Question

I've tried what other forum contributors have said--hold my finger on the message I want to lock and an option screen is supposed to appear which would give me the option of locking the particular message, but nothing pops up other than "add to spam messages" or "delete" Any help would be appreciated. There's also a youtube video but his device is different from mine.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I've tried what other forum contributors have said--hold my finger on the message I want to lock and an option screen is supposed to appear which would give me the option of locking the particular message, but nothing pops up other than "add to spam messages" or "delete" Any help would be appreciated. There's also a youtube video but his device is different from mine.
What model S5 do you have? Could you tell us?

Also, you might need to lock the contact thread. Long press on the conversation thread and see if that option pops-up. If not, then you can use third-party applications from the Play Store to lock other apps. Locking the messaging/text messaging application (and Play Store) might be an option to consider.