Should I get a Xperia Z3?

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
Hi, so I'm looking to get a new cell phone, and am looking for the following qualities in a phone:

At most a 5" screen. - I came from a OnePlus One, and while I loved mostly everything about the phone, I got really tired of the phablet style phone.

A really good battery life. - I'm a heavy user and can easily rack up 5-7 hours of SOT per day.

As close to stock Android as possible. - I haven't had a non-stock Android phone in a few years so I've grown pretty attached to it.

Great camera - I love how clean the crisp images look on Samsung phones, I definitely want something comparible.

Sleak build - one of my favorite designed phones was the 2013 Moto X - I loved how it was just a black front with almost no embellishments.

Expandable memory - I was using almost 50 GBs of my OPO's memory, so I know a 16/32 GB phone wouldn't cut it.

Snappy processor - I don't necessarily need the newest internals or highest res screen (anything over 350 PPI is fine), I just want something that runs smooth and doesn't force me to count to 5 every time I try to open up an app or multitask.

Now, I know a the Z3+ is releasing any week now, but I want to get a phone that's been out a while, that's been tested and is proven to be reliable.

From all my research so far, I kind of feel like the Xperia Z3 is the phone for me. Does everyone concur? Or is there another, better phone that I've ignored?

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
I would agree with the Z3, most phones are reaching past the 5 inch mark these days - I would have suggested the LG G4 but as you said, you prefer them at 5 inches. Plus the phone is just out. My mate has the Z3 and I think it's a cracking phone. If it weren't for my S6 I would probably have given my money to Sony. They just annoy me with their daft 6 month model upgrade cycle.