how to stop appearance of icons twice on home screen of my samsung galaxy android tablet 4

A

AC Question

whenever i used to hold the icons its duplicate is formed and the icons now appear twice and thrice.......plz resolve my problem. because of this i am fimding diificult to use my tablet......firstly the icons were themselves duplicated bt nw as i hold any of the icon its duplicate is formed........

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Icons for apps on the homescreen are simply shortcuts. Just long-press the ones you don't want and drag them to the Remove area.

Or are you saying that the duplicates seem to be underneath the original? So that when you try to remove one, there's still another icon "underneath"?

Viorel1990

Feb 11, 2016
Visit site
Hello there!

Sorry to jump in... But I have the same problem. I have a Lenovo P70 and it doesn't have a sub-menu (the menu button) only the home screen.
I have tried to uninstall/delete the duplicate Icon, but it removes the app for good. I have reinstalled it(for instance Facebook app) and after about two days, the duplicate appeared again.
The duplicates don't appear next to the original app...the appear randomly on the next empty slot on home screens.

Do you have any idea what is happening? Please advise.

Thank you in advance.
Viorel