Moving vnote data from broken S4 to S6

A

AC Question

My Galaxy S4 has a broken screen so I bought a Galaxy S6. I backed up the S4 using Kies but can't import the vnote files from my S4 to the S6. Is there a way to get the vnotes from the S4 using my computer? I can access the S4 through USB but I can't find the notes to move it over. Is this possible? I have many notes I don't want to lose. Where does the note date reside on the S4? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Try the Samsung Smart Switch program without the app, if it will back up the S4 it should restore to the S6.

There is also surprisingly an S-Note program for pc. I found it on the Samsung site recently. That might help you.

With Kies, while it would be hard but not impossible (I have heard) to extricate S-Note files from the full backup file, Kies allows you to sync S-Notes as one of the sync items I think, but OK I can't figure how to get those on to the S6 so that's probably what you meant.

Oh - and finally, can you not sync S-Notes to your Samsung account in Accounts Samsung, and use the same account on the S6 to sync them back.

Let us know if one of those works for you.

DenDut

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. It's actually an app called vnote. It uses a .vnt format. I tried to use Smart Switch which will back up my S4 but when I try to restore the apps to my S6 it says that the apps cannot be restored to this device. Not sure why. It will back them up, but won't move them to the S6. Any thoughts on why none of the apps on the S4 can be restored to the S6? Is it because of the version of android being different perhaps?

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I assumed you meant S-Notes, sorry.
I think Kies may no longer work with Lollipop, or the S6, or both. I have a Note 3 on KitKat.

I can't say why Kies/ Smart Switch won't restore any apps, though it doesn't surprise me too much. It was never a one stop shop to cover and restore everything, and seemed limited to linking devices within one generation of each other.
Have you backed up with Google as well and let it re-populate. App syncing would be on by default.
I would ask the Vnote developer for advice via the Play Store as to where they might be saved.

App backups don't always cover app data, as I understand it, except if you use Helium, or Titanium via rooting, though I think Helium app backups have had issues recently as well.

Sorry I can't advise more.
If you don't get better responses, you can ask again in Android Central Community - General Help and How To, and Introductions.
Try Samsung support as well.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Yes it does. Though the 2 or 3 times I factory reset a Samsung and Motorola it (Google) didn't reload all my apps - so I went to the Play Store - My Apps and install each again from there.

Both S4 and S6 would show the app sync setting in General - Accounts - Google, touch account name. The check boxes appear if master Sync is on, but you can read if each is enabled without syncing anything by leaving the Sync toggle switch off. You probably know this. You can check what the Samsung account syncs also, if you have a Samsung account set. (I would recommend it)