Question Factory Resetting Huawei P9 made me lose all preinstalled OS apps!

Rosemaryandthyme822

Sep 22, 2023
Visit site
I have this old phone, so I decided to hard reset it from the EMUI tools… Now I’m afraid that all OS preinstalled apps (like calculator, camera, notes) are gone and I can’t seem to get them back. You can see from the photo that I attached below. Is my only chance using a laptop with tools? Because my laptop is broken so I can’t.. Please help, thanks!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 7

cmgam

May 10, 2021
Visit site
I have this old phone, so I decided to hard reset it from the EMUI tools… Now I’m afraid that all OS preinstalled apps (like calculator, camera, notes) are gone and I can’t seem to get them back. You can see from the photo that I attached below. Is my only chance using a laptop with tools? Because my laptop is broken so I can’t.. Please help, thanks!!!
Hi
Allow me a question, what disappeared were the Apps or their icons on the home screen?
Regards

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I assume your homescreen interface shows all apps on the homescreen, rather than having an App Drawer you can open by swiping up from the bottom of the screen?

Have you already tried another factory reset, this time from the system settings?

Reactions: J Dubbs

Rosemaryandthyme822

Sep 22, 2023
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I assume your homescreen interface shows all apps on the homescreen, rather than having an App Drawer you can open by swiping up from the bottom of the screen?

Have you already tried another factory reset, this time from the system settings?
Hello, yes! All of my apps are on the homescreen. I have reset it from the settings app and from the EMUI recovery tools, but It’s the same. I’ve found out that some features, like the keyboard theme, is not the default huawei keyboard but the google nougat one

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
With it being a Huawei phone, could it be that an update removed these apps as system apps? Leaving them on the device until a factory reset was performed, and then wiping them out as they were not part of the system.

Just a hypothesis.

Reactions: B. Diddy

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
With it being a Huawei phone, could it be that an update removed these apps as system apps? Leaving them on the device until a factory reset was performed, and then wiping them out as they were not part of the system.

Just a hypothesis.
I'm also wondering if it might be some kind of custom ROM, and the seller manually installed the Huawei apps.

If the phone came already set up, without having to go through a Setup Wizard (as often happens with knockoff phones from Wish and other shady sites), that becomes a greater possibility.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andej