Why can't I make a factory reset?

A

AC Question

Hello!

I rooted my Moto G LTE 2013 (xt1039) a while ago and everything went fine I guess, and I've been playing around with it alot, but now it's pretty messed up and I think it would be best to make a factory reset, which I've done once before.

The thing is; when I load into the bootloader (which works fine) and then choose "Recovery" to attempt to make a factory reset, a white screen appears that says "Bootloader unlocked" and then the phone reboots normally. The bootlogo appears and I get into my home screen etc.

Why can't I enter recoverymode to make a factory-reset?

Hnewburg

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
Unfortunately not. Same thing happens, when clicking restore the screen turns black but then the white screen appears with "Warning! Bootloader unlocked" followed by the bootlogo etc.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately not. Same thing happens, when clicking restore the screen turns black but then the white screen appears with "Warning! Bootloader unlocked" followed by the bootlogo etc.

Sorry about the delay. Sounds like an error in the recovery partition. What root method did you use?

Mod note: Permission granted to bypass post count link limitation if a website was used. You are permitted in this instance only to long type out the site: Ex. randomwebsite dot com.

Hnewburg

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
Hello again sir. Thank you for your engagement but I managed to fix it! I used a program called MotoTool AIO to flash stock recovery, and now it works. I guess the phone missed a recovery file or something... Thank you once again though!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hello again sir. Thank you for your engagement but I managed to fix it! I used a program called MotoTool AIO to flash stock recovery, and now it works. I guess the phone missed a recovery file or something... Thank you once again though!
Glad you got it fixed. Thanks for posting the follow up. See you around the forums.

From the ZenFone 2.
Android Central Ambassador Team Leader

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez