What should I do about my claim?

A

AC Question

I took my HTC one m8 into Verizon because my screen was messed up. They ended up sending me a "Certified like new replacement" through the mail. This was 2 days ago and now I cannot figure out what I did with my old phone.... I have Asurion but I'm pretty sure the phone Verizon sent me was not through an insurance claim.... The packet says I will be charged $500+ if I don't send the old phone back. I'm super confused on what I should do at this point... Can I file a lost claim with Asurion and just pay the deductible? Should I send the certified like new phone back then start a lost claim??? helppp! Thanks!

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I took my HTC one m8 into Verizon because my screen was messed up. They ended up sending me a "Certified like new replacement" through the mail. This was 2 days ago and now I cannot figure out what I did with my old phone.... I have Asurion but I'm pretty sure the phone Verizon sent me was not through an insurance claim.... The packet says I will be charged $500+ if I don't send the old phone back. I'm super confused on what I should do at this point... Can I file a lost claim with Asurion and just pay the deductible? Should I send the certified like new phone back then start a lost claim??? helppp! Thanks!

Welcome to the forums!

Have you talked to Verizon about this? You really need to do that. You might can send the Verizon phone back and then do an insurance claim for lost on the original one, but.. I can not stress this enough.. You need to verify with Verizon so you don't get charged for the replacement phone.

Last edited: